Monday 19 June 2017

SCOTLAND READING CHALLENGE - READ SCOTLAND 2014/2015/2016/2017


I don't think I'm well-suited to committing to reading challenges as it has taken me three plus years to complete this one. It would have been sooner but the goalposts did get re-calibrated and shifted upwards at some point. I got there eventually.
Peggy Ann organised the challenge - Read Scotland in 2014
20 books read by Scottish authors in the past three years, mostly crime. 
I managed to ignore Ian Rankin, Val McDermid, James Oswald, Denise Mina, William McIlvanney, Douglas Lindsay and a fair few others that have a presence in my book collection.
Favourites of the bunch I did read - Malcolm Mackay and Douglas Skelton!
2014/2015/2016/2017 READING CHALLENGE - READ SCOTLAND



















6 comments:

  1. Never mind the years, but 20 books by Scottish authors is a good milestone, Col. I want to read Ian Rankin someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prashant, you could probably choose 20 from Ian Rankin alone and not get bored!

      Delete
  2. That's what matters, Col: you got there eventually. And I'm glad you found some really good reads, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margot, I discovered some interesting new authors along the way - too many probably!

      Delete
  3. That's been hanging around a while - I remember spotting it pop up from time to time. congratulations on finally finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I need to pay some attention to the other sidebar book lists and challenges. They're starting to irritate me!

      Delete