Saturday 16 November 2013

MARGOT KINBERG ed. - IN A WORD: MURDER AN ANTHOLOGY


Synopsis/blurb........

A collection of crime stories from the world of writing, editing, publishing and reviewing

A shortish review for a short book of approximately 141 pages.

Contributors to the anthology are as follows;
Martin Edwards (Author), Pamela Griffiths (Author), Paula K. Randall (Author), Jane Risdon (Author), Elizabeth S. Craig (Author), Sarah Ward (Author), Margot Kinberg (Editor), Lesley Fletcher (Illustrator)

For your money you get......
Introduction ……………………..   Margot Kinberg  
The Agency ……………………..   Pamela Griffiths  
The Story…………………………. Paula K. Randall
The Million Seller……………….. Margot Kinberg
Hollywood Cover-up…………….. Jane Risdon
A Beach Report From Myrtle Clover…………….. Elizabeth S. Craig  
La Lotte .…………..................... Sarah Ward  
The In-Box…………………………. Margot Kinberg  
The Killing of Captain Hastings………… Martin Edwards
Dreamer ……………………………   Jane Risdon

Well this was an enjoyable way to spend a few hours night time reading before lights out. All the stories worked for me, but if pressed to choose a couple of favourites I would have to plump for both of Jane Risdon’s stories; Dreamer and Hollywood Cover-up, with the former on top of the pile.

Dreamer gives us a glimpse inside the world of music, with a rock band intent on resolving some artistic differences. Fantastic!

As previously mentioned in another post, purchasing the book which was conceived in the memory of Maxine Clarke will help support the Princess Alice Hospice.

Enjoyable and entertaining.

3 from 5

Purchased from Amazon in aid of a worthy cause.





14 comments:

  1. Thanks, Col. I'm so glad you enjoyed the stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margot, no problem - In-Box was 3rd on my list!

      Delete
  2. -Did you find this review helpful and informative? - [check]

    Thanks Col.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff Col - I'm half way through and enjoying the different stories very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moira, do you think you'll get a clothes entry from them?

      Delete
  4. I'm waiting to read this anthology as soon as I get a couple of current reads out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prashant, I hope you enjoy it when you get there.

      Delete
  5. I am thrilled you enjoyed our book Col and I am so happy you enjoyed my two stories too. I do hope everyone who buys a copy will find something to their taste. I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful cause and want to thank you for helping to publicise it and thanks those purchasing their copies. I call it The Gift That Keeps On Giving....I really hope it will. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, you're welcome. I enjoyed reading it and the fact that it's supporting a worthwhile cause is a nice added bonus.

      Delete
    2. Thanks again. Appreciated. I enjoy writing to help such causes. Ever since my own farther died in a Hospice and I realised they are not government funded and rely totally upon donations, I wanted to do something. Every little helps.

      Delete
  6. Col, I apologize for getting around to this post so late. Somehow work and other personal things are taking me away from blogging.

    Helpful review. I am looking forward to reading the stories too... although it may be a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, no problem. I hope you enjoy them when you get there.

      Delete