(note to self - find 2019 post of same, copy and paste, change dates and images, job done)
Haha - reading plans for a whole year, when I can't stay on track for more than a book, maybe two before getting my head turned by something else. Oh well..
1. Finish an intended TBR Mountain reading challenge that's been on the sidebar since 2014
2. Ditto a USA State reading challenge. I've probably read more than half the states in the country but am too idle to keep things up to date. I would like to finish it in
3. Catch up with my wife and son - I'm a list of books behind on the sidebar.
4. Ditto - an author catch up list.... Charlie Stella, Anthony Neil Smith, Michael Connelly to mention a few
5. Try and complete several book series I started running through some years ago, at a pace of one a month before getting distracted - Matt Scudder by Lawrence Block, Travis McGee by John D. MacDonald, Elvis Cole by Robert Crais, Quarry by Max Allan Collins and Nameless by Bill Pronzini.
6. Do the Aussie Author Challenge over at Booklover Book Reviews site
7. Complete the 2019 European Reading Challenge run by Rose City Reader, aiming for at least 12 countries in the year. Something I never actually started. Rolling over to 2020 then
8. More blog related than reading - finish cataloguing my books - the physical ones at least. I've been a bit slack regarding this!When I get caught up on my blog posts - I'm about a month behind I'll have to get back on the horse. I did do one tubsworth last year.
|The library in the old house|
I might try and log the books on the kindle as well for a sense of completism. Plus I have another programme that stores books on the laptop.
9. Try and keep on top of any freebies/review copies that might come my way.
10. Stop browsing Net Galley and Edelweiss early reviewer sites. The world won't end if I don't get my hands on every new crime fiction book published!
11. Stop buying books
12. Stop buying books
13. Stop buying books
14. Try and catch up on the TV and Film backlog listed.
15. Oh and lose some weight you porky git.
16. I do have a somewhat ambitious goal of trying to read a complete Indie publishers output - All Due Respect. I bloody love them. I think since 2012/2013 they've published nearly 70 books. I've maybe read 20 of them give or take. I probably have 40 in the TBR pile. I just like what they do. So why not aim high?
17. 120 yearly reading target as per usual
18. Read more female authors than in 2019 - I might need to actually find out how many that was first.
19. Enjoy the books
20. Try not to let people down - particualrly in respect of breaking promises and deadlines to read things.
And also good yardstick for life anyway.
2019 READING PLANS