Monday 31 December 2012

HARLAN COBEN - TELL NO ONE (2001)

Blurb........

Eight years ago David Beck was knocked unconscious and left for dead,
and his wife Elizabeth was kidnapped and murdered.
Dr Beck re-lived the horror of what happened that day every day of his life. Then one afternoon, he receives an anonymous email telling him to log on to a certain website. The screen opens on to a web cam - and it is Elizabeth's image he sees.
As Beck tries to find out if Elizabeth is truly alive, and what
really happened the night she disappeared, the FBI are trying to pin
Elizabeth's murder on him. And everyone he turns to seems to end up
dead...

Well, my third Coben book in a couple of months and whilst not the greatest thing I've ever read in my life, it's far from the worst either. A slightly implausible plot, which I'm not going to disect. Face it with all fiction you need to suspend belief, so hey just go with it.
Was I entertained? Yes.
Did I want to discover how it all panned out, and by definition keep my head stuck in it, oblivious to the pre-Christmas chaos around me? Yes. 

3 from 5, and 1 book closer to catching back up with my wife!

Purchased a few years ago, from a charity shop - judging by the sticky label on the back.
Hey, I do buy new sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment