Tuesday 10 April 2018

2 BY E.A. AYMAR























E.A. Aymar is a recent discovery and these two are a couple of recent purchases.

Aymar came to my attention with his co-editing alongside Sarah M. Chen of Down and Out Books recently published anthology - The Night of the Flood


Aymar has two of the three published in his planned trilogy and as yet there's no word on the finale.

There was a shortish e-book prequel published - When the Deep Purple Falls in 2013 also.

His website is here.


He has a regular column in the Washington Independent Review of Books.


Catch him on Facebook here and Twitter - @EvenEd74



I'll Sleep When You're Dead (2013)

Tom Starks has spent the three years since his wife’s murder struggling to single-handedly raise their daughter, Julie, while haunted by memories of his dead spouse. When he learns that the man accused of her murder, Chris Taylor, has been released from prison, Tom hires a pair of hit men to get his revenge. But when the hit men botch the assassination, Tom is inadvertently pulled into their violent world.

And now those hit men are after him and his daughter.



You're As Good As Dead (2015)

Three years have passed since Tom Starks, a Baltimore community college professor and single father, tried to avenge his wife's death by hiring a hit man. Tom is now hopeful that he has left the world of violence and murder behind. But he is drawn back into Baltimore's criminal underground after he witnesses the assassination of an influential crime boss. To make matters worse, it appears the FBI has discovered Tom's involvement, and they force him to work with them as an informer. Now Tom must navigate a deadly path between warring crime families and ruthless federal agents, even as he desperately tries to keep his involvement a secret from those closest to him.

6 comments:

  1. This is a new-to-me author, Col. I do like the setting for this one, and I like the 'ordinary person drawn into extraordinary situations' premise, too. I'll be interested in what you think of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never can tell what college professors (or associate professors) might get up to!

      Delete
  2. I will be waiting to see what you think of these. The premise of an ordinary man hiring a hit man strains my disbelief a bit but it could be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I was put off by that aspect, which I suppose on closer examination might be a stretch. It depends who well it's set up I suppose. I quite like the idea.

      Delete
  3. Hm.These do sound jolly. Like others here, the author's new to me. Must investigate . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be interested to see how you go if you can track something down.

      Delete