Thursday 21 May 2015

STARK HOLBORN - NUNSLINGER 6: THE JUDGEMENT OF ABRAHAM (2014)


Synopsis/blurb….

The True Tale of how Sister Thomas Josephine of St. Louis, Missouri came to Fight alongside Rebel Forces and deliver a Death Sentence in the deserts of New Mexico.

Pitted against a powerful enemy, Sister Thomas Josephine finds herself reunited with an old ally. The only problem? They're fighting for different sides.

Episode 6 and another entertaining 60 page romp.

Our erstwhile Bride of Christ is on the move again in the company of Maria, our blood-thirsty revenger aka The Owl. More trouble befalls the pair as they approach a ranch in search of sustenance and shelter.

A trip to town follows and a meeting with some Union soldiers.


A couple of faces from the past, one feared dead form our unholy trinity at the climax of this episode as Sister Josephine, Lieutenant Carthy and Abraham Muir re-connect in our unholy trinity. Don’t you hate it when you disappoint the men in your life? Cue mayhem….

Amusing and entertaining as always, another 4 from 5.

Stark Holborn - whoever they are can be reached here and on Twitter here - @starkholborn


Net Galley/Library book

8 comments:

  1. Ah, more from Sister Josephine! She really is the most interesting character, Col! I'm glad you're enjoying these stories, and really pleased you've been sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Margot. Definitely fun dipping in and dipping out of them. Probably would be a bit of a slog viewed as a one off read, but tackling it in bite-sized chunks is definitely the way to go!

      Delete
  2. I like the pictures of the characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been googling to try and find different images associated wit the series.

      Delete
  3. Col, I have lost track of the Nunslinger series (really like that name) but I know I can always come back here and read all about Sister Thomas Josephine. I admire your consistency in reading and reviewing the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prashant, I have read another 2 installments with 4 to go - that's another 6 reviews and I'm worried I'll end up repeating myself! They have been enjoyable and great fun though.

      Delete
  4. I see that you have already reviewed two more of these and I am far behind. Someday maybe I will try just the first one to see if I like the author's style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the style agrees with you if you do. I actually finished the thing today and am wondering what the author will do next.

      Delete