Friday 3 April 2015

MARCH 2015 - ADDITIONS TO THE LIBRARY.....SOME OF AT LEAST

At some point this post will be a completely blank canvas, but guess what......it isn't this month!

I "bought" as in paid money for only one book in the month, but still the library grows.

Free on Amazon!

Ditto above!

New-to-me author - Net Galley.

Debut novel.

Enjoyed one of his earlier books a year or two ago - RUIN VALUE

Latest Hugo Marston

Short stories - I enjoyed his previous collection - Black Pills & Red Bullets.

Vegas crime

Great cover!

This one I paid money for. I have always had a fascination with numbers and it might amuse when the crime fiction jades me.

Cover of the month and title of the month, I reckon!

8 comments:

  1. Col - That last one does have quite an inventive title! And even though I'm no mathematician - at all! - Why do Buses Come in Threes really does sound interesting as well. Glad you found some interesting new reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margot cheers. I hope to read some of them this coming month, maybe not the maths one just yet. The crime is still feeling fresh!

      Delete
  2. Col, I'd love to read some physical books by Ed Gorman. I like the Guy Ware book cover too. I had not heard of him before. Does he belong to the Golden Age or is it just the cover?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does have a few I like the sound of, but I doubt I'll have time. I was tempted by this over on Net Galley though. Guy Ware is a modern author and his book is from this year, despite the retro look.

      Delete
  3. I have the first Dev Conrad mystery to try, Sleeping Dogs. I thought about getting Basic Law but I did not like the other one by the same author that I got from NetGalley, so I am glad you will check it out for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the sound of this one by Jones, more than the last, hopefully I have a better reading experience than you did! I'll see how I get on with Ed Gorman. I hope I don't enjoy it too much!

      Delete
  4. I like some of those titles and covers - but still the one most likely to tempt me is the book about numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'm a wee bit surprised at that, but hey hoh. Thought maybe the Fat of Fed Beasts perhaps.

      Delete