Saturday 5 September 2015

AUGUST 2015 - ADDITIONS TO THE LIBRARY....SOME OF AT LEAST

More in than out again, but hey I'm allowed. If I don't get around to reading everything will the sun fail to rise in the East each morning? It's only bloody books.....

New author to me, but I kind of feel like I know him a bit already. First story - read and enjoyed! (Bought)

More short stories! Another new author. (Bought)

Charity shop book, another new author, (Bought)

Another new author! (Bought)

Ditto above! (Bought)

Deja-vous (Bought)

Number 13 Press offering (Publisher)

Another new author - Scottish this time! (Bought)

280 Steps offering via Edelweiss review site (Publisher)

70s Nostalgia time (Bought)

Classic Japanese Crime ( Publisher - Pushkin Press)

Author debut (Net Galley - Brash Books)

12 comments:

  1. Col, I have Elliott's HELL UP IN HOUSTON though I haven't read it yet. I do, however, know that he writes well. His stories have been published by "Beat to a Pulp," a webzine edited by my blog friend David Cranmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of Beat to a Pulp's on kindle I think, well at least one! I'm looking forward to trying the Drifter Detective series.

      Delete
  2. Interesting collection, Col. I've been wondering what the Drifter Detective series is like, myself. I'll be keen to know what you think when you get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margot, they appear episodic in nature but not too long and by a couple of different authors. Hopefully I'll read the first one fairly soon!

      Delete
  3. You’ve got a lot of writers there who are new to me. I’ll be watching to see what you think of them (whenever you get to them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Elgin. I should read some of them sooner rather than later.

      Delete
  4. I will be interested in seeing your post on John's stories in Tell No Lies. I have been planning on buying a copy anyway, but look forward to your reaction.

    Several of those covers are really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the first and enjoyed it a lot. Not crime per se, but still entertaining.
      Pushkin Press and 280 Steps do great covers.

      Delete
  5. Col, The Tokyo Zodiac Murders is excellent excellent (that's double excellent!). Hope I'm not being too over the top here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glen - not at all. Cheers for the heads-up, I may start this stash with that one then.

      Delete
  6. 'The best of Croatian literature' - honestly, that just sums up your book-collecting, who else would have that...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean I'm only the only one with Feric on my shelves? (TUBS)

      Delete